Terms and Conditions for Online Payment
On the website www.iaarhies.org “we”, “us” and “our” means The Society for Academic Research (Regd.) (which is a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of data protection legislation) and “you” means the individual who is using the Website.
The Society for Academic Research (Regd.) provides this online payment facility as a service to you, respecting and protecting the privacy of everyone who visits this site or provides us with personal information. By using the Society for Academic Research’s online payment service you consent to the collection and use of personal information in accordance with policy. Policy has been developed to take account of changes in Internet technology which is subject to change and any such changes will only be notified on this page.
The personal data you provide to the Society through these pages will be used solely for the purpose of settling your respective fees (i.e. Registration, Memberships etc). Your personal data collected and used for this online payment system will not be passed onto or shared with any other organisation. All Personal data provided to the Society is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
If you have any queries about data protection please contact the Society’s Data Protection Officer (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile +917231050000).
The data you provide during this transaction will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. The Society will abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is disclosed to no third party other than the concerned banks/online payment gateway agencies for the purposes of processing payments. The website has been developed and maintained by the Technical Cell of the organization.
Other companies and individuals are employed to perform functions on our behalf, for example the processing of payments by credit/debit card and hosting of the website. To perform their functions they have access to personal information, but this may not be used for other purposes.
Personal information provided by you may occasionally be shared with other organisations for the prevention of fraud.
You should protect sensitive data at all time throughout your online transaction and make sure you logoff properly when the transaction is complete. Only the last four digits of your credit/debit card numbers are revealed when payment is confirmed. We, of course, transmit the entire credit/debit card number to the appropriate credit/debit card company. To protect the security of your information during transmission we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input to and from the site.
General Terms and Conditions for Online-Payments
1. Once an Applicant has accepted these Terms and Conditions, he/ she may register and avail the Services.
2. The Society for Academic Research’s rights, obligations, undertakings shall be subject to the laws in force in India, as well as any directives/ procedures of Government of India, and nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be in derogation of The Society for Academic Research’s rights to comply with any law enforcement agencies request or requirements relating to any Applicant’s use of the website or information provided to or gathered by The Society for Academic Research with respect to such use. Each Applicant accepts and agrees that the provision of details of his/ her use of the Website to regulators or police or to any other third party in order to resolve disputes or complaints which relate to the Website shall be at the absolute discretion of The Society for Academic Research.
3. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
4. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Applicant and The Society for Academic Research. These Terms and Conditions supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the Applicant and The Society for Academic Research. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
5. The entries in the books of The Society for Academic Research and/or the Payment Service Providers kept in the ordinary course of business of The Society for Academic Research and/or the Payment Service Providers with regard to transactions covered under these Terms and Conditions and matters therein appearing shall be binding on the Applicant and shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
Limitation of Liability
1. The Society for Academic Research has made this Service available to the Applicant as a matter of convenience. The Society for Academic Research expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of the provision of this Service. The Applicant agrees and acknowledges that he/ she shall be solely responsible for his/ her conduct and that The Society for Academic Research reserves the right to terminate the rights to use of the Service immediately without giving any prior notice thereof.
2. The Society for Academic Research and/or the Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, nonperformance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall The Society for Academic Research and/or the Payment Service Providers, its employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Services.
3. The Society for Academic Research and the Payment Service Provider(s) assume no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by the Applicant on account of:
(I) the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Payment Gateway or Services in connection thereto; and/ or
(ii) any interruption or errors in the operation of the Payment Gateway.
4. The Applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Payment Service Provider(s) and The Society for Academic Research and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions arising out of or in connection with the utilization of the Services.
5. The Applicant agrees that The Society for Academic Research or any of its employees will not be held liable by the Applicant for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond The Society for Academic Research’s reasonable control.
Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details
1. The Applicant agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the Applicant shall not use a debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The Applicant further agrees and undertakes to provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
2. The Applicant may pay his/ her Registration/Memberships fees to The Society for Academic Research by using a debit/credit card or through online banking account. The Applicant warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details:
i. The Applicant is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card, bank account for such transactions;
ii. The Applicant is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate;
iii. The Applicant authorizes debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the payment of fees selected by such Applicant along with the applicable Fees.
iv. The Applicant is responsible to ensure that sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the payment of the dues payable or the bill(s) selected by the Applicant inclusive of the applicable Fee.
The Society for Academic Research does not charge any processing fee or service charge from the Applicants for online payment. However applicants have to bear the necessary transaction charge plus service tax as applicable for online payment of Registration/memberships fee. This charge will be taken by e-payment solution provider for giving this service. Charges are mentioned in The Society for Academic Research’s payment Portal where Applicant proceeds for online payment.
Payment Gateway /Net Banking Disclaimer
The Service is provided in order to facilitate access to pay Registration/Memberships Fees online. The Society for Academic Research or the Payment Service Provider(s) do not make any representation of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Payment Gateway other than what is specified in the Website for this purpose. By accepting/ agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the User expressly agrees that his/ her use of the aforesaid online payment Service is entirely at own risk and responsibility of the User.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
1. Refund for Charge Back Transaction: In the event there is any claim for/ of charge back by the Applicant for any reason whatsoever, such Applicant shall immediately approach The Society for Academic Research with his/ her claim details and claim refund from The Society for Academic Research alone. Such refund (if any) shall be effected only by The Society for Academic Research’s via payment gateway or by means of a demand draft or such other means as The Society for Academic Research deems appropriate. No claims for refund/ charge back shall be made by any Applicant to the Payment Service Provider(s) and in the event such claim is made it shall not be entertained.
2. In these Terms and Conditions, the term “Charge Back” shall mean, approved and settled credit card or net banking purchase transaction(s) which are at any time refused, debited or charged back to merchant account (and shall also include similar debits to Payment Service Provider’s accounts, if any) by the acquiring bank or credit card company for any reason whatsoever, together with the bank fees, penalties and other charges incidental thereto.
3. Refund for fraudulent/duplicate transaction(s): The Applicant shall directly contact The Society for Academic Research for any fraudulent transaction(s) on account of misuse of Card/ Bank details by a fraudulent individual/party and such issues shall be suitably addressed by The Society for Academic Research alone in line with their policies and rules.
4. Server Slow Down/Session Timeout: In case the Website or Payment Service Provider’s webpage, that is linked to the Website, is experiencing any server related issues like ‘slow down’ or ‘failure’ or ‘session timeout’, the Applicant shall, before initiating the second payment,, check whether his/her Bank Account has been debited or not and accordingly resort to one of the following options:
(i) In case the Bank Account appears to be debited, ensure that he/ she does not make the payment twice and immediately thereafter contact The Society for Academic Research via e-mail or any other mode of contact as provided by The Society for Academic Research to confirm payment.
(ii) In case the Bank Account is not debited, the Applicant may initiate a fresh transaction to make payment.
Product and Services sold
This is an academic research institution.